Code of conduct for children
Victoria Park City Of Glasgow (VP-Glasgow) is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the Club Welfare Officer.
Sports clubs should offer a positive experience for children and young people and where they can learn new things in a safe and positive environment.
As a member of VP-Glasgow, you are expected to abide by the following junior code of practice:
Children /young people are expected to:
• Be loyal and give their friends a second chance
• Be friendly and particularly welcoming to new members
• Be supportive and committed to other team members, offer comfort when required
• Keep yourself safe
• Report inappropriate behaviour or risky situations for youth members
• Play fairly and be trustworthy
• Respect officials and accept decisions
• Show appropriate loyalty and be gracious in defeat
• Respect opponents
• Not cheat or be violent and aggressive
• Make your club a fun place to be
• Keep within the defined boundary of the playing/coaching area
• Behave and listen to all instructions from the coach
• Play within the rules and respect the official and their decisions
• Show respect to other youth members/leaders and show team spirit
• Take care of equipment owned by the club.
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background or religious beliefs or sexual identity
• Refrain from the use of bad language or racial/sectarian references. This includes bullying using new technologies like chat-rooms or texting
• Not get involved in inappropriate peer pressure and push others into something they do not want to do
• Refrain from bullying or persistent use of rough and dangerous play
• Keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late
• Wear suitable kit for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach or team manager.
• Pay any fees for training or events promptly
• Not smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions
• Not consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
A Grievance Procedure is in place to deal with any complaints about coaches, parents, athletes, officials or committee members. Follow this link for more information.
Fun activity for all levels, on Tuesday's, Thursday's and Saturday's for children 5 to 12 years of age.
Click here for more information and online booking.